I suggest you ...

Please add a confirm message before deleting a clipboard

When deleting a clipboard (eg. by pressing the "X" on the top right of the clipboard), can an option be added to confirm before actually deleting it (or a way to undo)? I just accidently pressed the "X" on one of my clipboards and the board was gone before I realized what had been pressed. A shame to loose saved items to any of my clipboards.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christina shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminClipix Admin (Administrator, Clipix) responded  · 

There should already be a confirmation before you delete a clipboard that has clips on it. If you’re experiencing issues with this, please let us know what type of clipboard is experiencing this issue (syncboard, multiboard etc) and anything else that might be unusual about the clipboard or its origin. Thanks!

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also lost a clipboard (with lots of clips) by accidentally deleting it without knowing and without confirmation. It was a regular clipboard. Is there a way to retrieve it???

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The board got deleted. I didn't get notified, but in hindsight, I dont think there were clips on it so if empty it appears you don't get notified. I am relatively new to clipix so didn't clip a ton of things when it happened. It's not a huge deal but I did want to clarify so for the future if I accidently delete I will know whether to panic or or not.

• Mary W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are two x's. One right on the smaller square of the clipboard, which does have a confirmation notifier. The other is farther to the right, and closes out of the entire board. But I dont' think it deletes it. Did you double-check which x you clicked?

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the clarification. I'm in the early stages of clipping (new to Clipix) so the board that got deleted may not have (or must not have had) clips on it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base