I suggest you ...

Allow longer clipboard titles

Some of my clipboards require names that exceed the character length limit currently set. Is there any way this could be changed?

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LilyLily shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SonjaSonja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I know how to trick it into longer titles, one more piece of input - if this does get looked at, I would add that it'd be nice for the title to truncate on the multiboard previews, rather than push out the board and take up the neighboring slot. So, To have the title just be "General Project Id..." if it's too long.

Also, on multiclipboards, you can't edit on their main page like you can with a normal clipboard. So the multiboards don't ever have a way (that I can find) to get the longer name.

Wow thanks Mary, that's a good find.

To help further clarify, the "go back in and edit" appears to be necessary from the clipboard page itself - if you edit from the main page, it still locks in the title.

Personally I find this one extremely frustrating since something like "General Project Ideas" doesn't feel like it should be too long (but it is, by one character). But perhaps this is actually just a bug on the main page that's easily fixed (*fingers crossed*)

• Mary W.Mary W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems there is a limit when you first set up the boards, but you can go back in and edit, and the second time it will allow you to add the rest of what you wanted to the first time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base